Monday, January 7, 2013

A Sign

I just received this prayer book/devotional. It's not something I would expect someone would give me. It should not feel creepy but i feel like it is. One of my new year's resolution was to have or re-establish my personal relationship with God.

I used to be a very active youth member in church. I used to sing- I enjoyed it and loved it. I joined presentations, even sang for praise and worship. I even volunteered as an assistant teacher during weekends.Something happened to me that changed me. I disconnected myself from church. I did not participate in anything, didn't pray, did not read the bible. I was...distant.

I doubted God, His existence and if He does, if He did love me. Something happened to me and my family that proved me that He is ever present and that no matter how much of a sinner I am, He still loves me. June of 2008 when we were hit with Typhoon Frank. I have never in my life experienced being a victim of a flood until that fateful day. It was dreadful. We were not the only victims, I know. There were places that were damaged so much worse than ours. But it was then I realized God dearly loved us and that He spared my family from the ravaging flood.

Since then, I have tried going back to Him. I know I can only do so much and not even pay half of the price for my life and salvation but I will try as long as I live. I will try to become the woman He wants me to be. I will get closer to Him because it's the only way I know how. So now that I have this devotional with me, I think it's a sign from Him that I should start ASAP.

I feel so blessed this Monday. You should too, you are alive and well. God loves you!

Romans 5:8-9 (KJV)
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

No comments:

Post a Comment