Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SALVAGED!

I used to write a lot when I was in high school. I had a friend who's also into writing that's why I really got into it and she taught me to write poems beautifully. She taught me to make a poem using the name of a person where the first line starts with the alphabet from the name. I was writing every day. I was inspired. We were both the rebel kids in high school and we'd write together- though I was more of a morbid writer than she is. I don't have any other great influences if you ask me of poets or authors I look up to- I'd name no one. Don't get me wrong, I like to read a lot but I couldn't find that someone to really look up to and name him/her my "idol" in poetry or writing in general.

I had a compilation of three notebooks full of poetry and a couple of short stories. They were my bread and butter. Those three notebooks made me proud of myself even though I don't like to do well in school- especially in college. I was tired of routine (READ: studying). I have been a consistent honor student since nursery through high school so I told myself I'm going to enjoy college. LOL Anyway, I don't have those notebooks anymore. And I kind-of stopped writing since then. I lost the notebooks when Typhoon Frank hit Iloilo last June 2008. I lost hope of retrieving everything. I can't exactly remember everything I wrote since there's too many of them.

Just today though, I opened my Multiply account, and checked my links and found that I still have the Xanga account! The xanga account used to be my online diary and I also posted a few of my poems there until I completely forgot about it and thought I already deleted the account. So I tried to check it- see if I still have the pictures and all entries I made there. I was actually prepared for the worst- but I was so SURPRISED to see that everything is still there! I'm so HAPPY! I e-mailed all the poems to myself, of course, so I could save it. Out of all my poems, I found 10 in my xanga. It has made me look back to what I was writing about back then. It's time to write more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment