Saturday, July 21, 2012

Finding Purpose in Dreams

Sometimes, I'm too caught up in my ideal/perfect world. Of course, it's just a fragment of my imagination. Things I wished were happening to me, things I wish I had, places I wished to visit... the list goes on. In my perfect world, the sky's the limit! There's no problem with accessibility to anything, and the choices are limitless. Sometimes I wish I could really live in that world. A world where I am successful, I am looked up as a "powerful" woman- and I don't mean the Wonder Woman type.  However, as it is just a fragment of my imagination and I'm just a human being, I need to stop thinking about the "what if's" and make life happen with anything I currently have. I guess having a "perfect world" for yourself can actually motivate you to do better in work, school, etc. It's like you're guiding yourself and projecting where you'd like to be in the future, what you want to attain. Of course, in REAL life, there aren't any shortcuts. We need to undergo a lot of disappointments, failures, heartaches, happiness, etc before we get to where we foresee ourselves to be. It is a whirlwind of emotions, sometimes it's so overwhelming. Having a balance in your life and people close to you such as family and friends can definitely help you get through life from day to day. I wish I could say that I've achieved something greater and say that I've found myself in a place I projected I would be. Somehow, I still have a long way to go. I'm just so motivated right now because things are slowly falling into place no matter how slow they picked up. I am so excited and really looking forward to what I can really become in 5 to 10 years from now. I guess the purpose of keeping that "imagination" kept me alive and motivated me to do something about my life if I wanted to become somebody at least for myself. Setting goals can be very difficult and sometimes not aligned with our strengths but I do believe that whatever we set our hearts and minds into, we will definitely land on the very spot we have hoped for ourselves.

And with that, I'll leave you with a few quotes from people who dreamt of  big things and made them come true.

"Dreams are extremely important. You can't do it unless you imagine it." 
-- George Lucas


"It was the man's dream, and his inspiring attempt to make them come true that remain important." Francis Ford Coppola 

*"Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men." Goethe

And with that, I bid you all good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment