Thursday, February 28, 2013

Now Playing: Pitch Perfect

I know I may be late on this, but I have already seen this movie 5 times in 2 days! 2 days! I can only tolerate a few so-so movies and there's only a handful of movies I love to watch countless of times (like Enemy at the Gates, 50 First Dates, The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the City 1&2, Titanic and very few Filipino movies). I allow myself to drown in chick flicks especially when I'm PMS-ing and looking for something to comfort me. When I can't find that comfort in food, I watch movies.


The first time I saw this movie was with my siblings and I was not in the mood so I didn't really see the whole movie. The second time was at the office, when my office-mate told me she's already seen it. Since then, I have been watching it until Sunday when I let my boyfriend see the movie after we had breakfast. Right now, I'm itching to watch it again!


Sure, there's GLEE that we can compare it with (although I'm so bored with Glee right now, no offense). However, I don't think they're both even the same (well, except for their Broadway-experienced stars). There's something inviting about this movie that it immerses you into the story. The movie has attitude, aside from the comical antics of Rebel Wilson (who plays "Fat Amy") who is SUPER HILARIOUS! I think she made the movie super funny in a way. I also love (SURPRISE, SURPRISE!) Beca's character! I love her. She's spunky and so cool. Anna Kendrick is a surprise to me because well,  I just saw her in Twilight. I was so shocked that she sings REALLY WELL! Of course, add that to the fact that I did not know that she used to do Broadway. Amazing voice! Can I just also say that even though the story is just light, no heavy dramas (despite the early resentment Beca has for her dad on his divorce to her mom, thank goodness!), it's very appealing and it made sense. I love that even the story is just light, they do not make it feel nor look like the movie's dull or the excitement you get when watching is just fleeting.

To get a grasp on what I'm talking about (if you guys haven't seen the movie yet) please check out the videos below. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment