Monday, May 13, 2013

Election 2013

Hi Guys!

Today is a monumental day for my country. We are having the national elections and this will be my first time to vote. I'm 25 years old and I had myself register only three years ago. It's not that I do not want to exercise my right to suffrage but I was not really a fanatic of the whole election carnival that we experience. I had a few people whom I admire that were not given the chance and although I don't think my vote would make a difference, I think it would've made me feel better to stand behind people whose causes I believe are worth fighting for.

On the way home last night, we had a discussion in the car on who we would vote. The four of us (Mom, Me, my sister and my fiance) all had different views on each politician and we have different criteria in gauging who gets our vote. Religion and family ties do not necessarily dictate who we should vote. I believe that it is with strong conviction that we get to choose, and it is with hope that we chose the right one.

I wish and pray that all of us get to have that strong conviction today and hope for a peaceful election. Go out and vote! :)

xx,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment