Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pre-Mother's Day Thoughts

Mother's Day has been one of the occasions that my family always celebrate. It's an occasion we can express how we love and care for our mothers. My siblings and I would always buy a greeting card and if we'd have extra cash, we throw in a little present for our mom. 

My mom is not perfect, but knowing her all these years has made me realize that I do not need a perfect mother. What I need is someone who is loving, caring and understanding- and my mom's all that and so much more. Sure, we've had disagreements and arguments and my teenage self would make a big deal out of it but now I'm just thankful that we have the same level of respect and understanding that we do not allow a little misunderstanding get in the way of our relationship.

As time goes by, I have had a new appreciation for my mom and the effort she puts in to keep our family together despite trying times. And as I am about to embark on a new life soon, I truly am grateful that my mom still loves me even if I make a lot of mistakes and made her cry. Moms are truly God's blessing to us children.

Advance happy mother's day to all the moms out there! ❤ 

Xx,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment