Thursday, May 2, 2013

Professional Crossroad


While driving earlier to work, I kept thinking about my professional life/career. I love love my job and the company I'm working for. As it is one of the best and leading companies, it is such an honor to work here. Unfortunately as I am just a project hire, there's this slim chance of me being regularized (ever) and of course, be given a raise. I have been working here for a little over a year. I  have ups and downs but I manage pretty well. If I did not have fun as much as I am now, I would have been gone a long time.


As a worker or employee, you would want to seek a better opportunity. Far more better and greater than the last one. I am still holding on as there is a new project and there might be a chance I get promoted or be regularized with full benefits. While I'm all up for that, there's this long grueling process of proving yourself to everyone that you're worth that promotion so to speak. I really want the promotion and I know they're eyeing me because I'm a pioneer employee. The thing is, I'm not that motivated to really get it. Slowly, I've started to come to work early and initiated meetings and calibrations, etc but that's that. Well, we'll see how things would go. I haven't found an absolute or formidable fallback yet but I'll take each day as it is and test the waters then.

Xx,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment